REAL Software Systems is looking for a Software Performance Engineer
Primary responsibilities of the Software Performance Engineer (SPE) include developing and managing performance monitoring processes for our software applications, analyzing performance monitoring output, proposing hardware and software solutions to resolve performance bottlenecks, and assisting with the implementation of these solutions. This includes working with complex configuration and hardware environments and very large SQL databases.
The candidate will work across the company to coordinate with various stakeholders in the performance evaluation process. This is an experienced individual contributor position that will work with cross-functional team members on day-to-day activities. This candidate will be accountable for meeting deliverable commitments. The candidate must have the skills necessary to plan and schedule their own work activities and to coordinate activities with other cross-functional team members to meet project goals.
· Develop and manage software performance evaluation processes and configurations to support regular proactive software performance data gathering.
· Directly assist teams to set up solutions and projects that enable best practices in software performance.
· Coordinate and deliver performance evaluation reports to deployment teams through a coordinated and scheduled process.
· Recommend, design, develop, adapt, integrate, and troubleshoot performance evaluation tools and plug-ins to support the existing development process.
· Actively participate in the dissemination of performance evaluation and strategic performance optimization information through formal, informal, and persistent communication to program and product delivery teams and managers.
· 2+ years recent experience as a software performance engineer using industry standard tools.
· 2+ years experience with Microsoft SQL Server performance monitoring and troubleshooting.
· Strong critical thinking, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
· Experience with Windows technologies.
· Knowledge of Operating Systems and Hardware.
· BS/BA in Computer Science or STEM related degree, or equivalent work experience with good scripting/programming skills.
· Prior software experience with performance evaluation/monitoring tools.
· Experience with Microsoft technologies and Windows scripting languages.
· Familiarity with deployment in the Microsoft SQL server environment.
· Intermediate to advanced expertise in Windows, knowledge of hardware, command line tools, and application programming interfaces (APIs).
· Ability to analyze problems at both the macro and micro levels, understand process and product dependencies, and make effective process management decisions.
· Strong communication skills and the ability to work well in a high-profile environment.
· Ability to interact effectively with diverse cross-functional groups, including UX/QA, Project Management, Software Engineering, Database Management, IT, and Account Management.
· Ability to manage competing priorities and milestones effectively.
· Ability to drive issues to resolution.
Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship.
REAL Software Systems (RSS) develops and implements software to support intellectual property commerce. RSS' proven deal management platform, Alliant, has been chosen by market leaders in Entertainment, Publishing, Music, Consumer Products, High Technology, and Life Sciences to manage the complexity and uniqueness of intellectual property rights, royalties, and revenue-sharing deals. RSS customers include organizations such as Abbott Laboratories, Activision Blizzard, British Broadcasting Company (BBC), Metro Goldwyn Mayer (MGM), Microsoft, Dell, Netflix, Electronic Arts, Public Broadcasting Service (PBS), Sony Computer Entertainment, Getty Images, Hasbro, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, IBM, and other exciting organizations.
RSS is a medium-sized company currently located in Los Angeles, Boston, and London. Members of our team (even new ones) enjoy a unique amount of responsibility. We encourage collaboration and the open exploration of ideas. As a result, our team members feel that RSS has many of the most attractive features of a start-up with the security and rewards of a well- established company. RSS provides opportunities for rapid professional growth based on a team member’s interests and abilities. One of the greatest benefits of the RSS environment is its intellectually stimulating and interdisciplinary work setting.
RSS looks for proactive, detail-oriented people who would thrive in an apolitical and merit-based environment. RSS is selective in its hiring process and offers opportunities for individuals of all academic backgrounds and levels of experience. RSS hires based on Aptitude, Attitude, Curiosity, and Experience (AACE), which allows us to find exceptional team members who display a positive attitude mixed with an insatiable curiosity to learn.